To survive in the modern economic climate, it has become increasingly more important to craft a sustainable, competitive advantage to position your business for success.
Thanks to digital transformation, more and more companies are leveraging technology to give themselves that advantage. Digital automated tools can speed up the development and delivery of services and products, accelerating production and even enabling businesses to offer products and services at a lower price.
But trends catch on quickly, and it doesn’t take long for companies to sniff out their competitors’ advantages and jump onboard themselves. So how can companies attain a sustainable competitive advantage beyond temporary gain?
The answer is not just to leverage technology but to use these tools to transform your organizational structure and culture completely. Technology can’t do all the work for you, but if used to support cultural transformation within your organization, your company will create a competitive advantage that will extend far into the future.
These tools don’t need to be highly complex either; even the simplest staff monitoring tool can enable your workforce to work in a way that is more productive, more transparent, and more autonomous.
What is Employee Monitoring in the Workplace?
Since the arrival of COVID, remote working and hybrid working models have become a mainstay in many workplaces. These once novelty work environments have now become the norm in many industries. However, some businesses are still finding their footing when it comes to effectively monitoring and managing employees remotely.
This is where software to monitor employees can help. While these tools help tremendously with monitoring and supervising employees, many are also equipped to help you manage employee performance and productivity. Productivity correlates with profitability, an obvious competitive advantage. But monitoring performance in the workplace via digital tools has another unexpected advantage - the ability to strengthen your company culture and employer brand.
What are some of the ways remote employee monitoring tools can bring value to your business? For example, let’s take a look at Insightful: a workforce analytics & productivity tool that enables better remote worker management for enterprise hybrid workforces.
Insightful enables enterprises to:
- Work in a more informed way with actionable work data insights.
- Improve workflows, create more efficient processes, and foster productivity.
- Understand what enables your team to do great work – in the office, remote, or hybrid.
- Drive bottom-up improvement through coaching and investing in your people
- Identify and remove bottlenecks to optimize workflows.
Thanks to the features and capabilities that most remote employee monitoring solutions offer, the benefits for employers, customers, and employees are extensive.
The Benefits of Remote Employee Monitoring Software
What are some of the benefits that remote employee monitoring tools can offer enterprises?
- Optimized Workflows: Features that allow for real-time monitoring, in-depth workplace productivity reports, and advanced capacity planning help remove bottlenecks, balance workloads, and enhance workflows to support employee efficiency, productivity, and wellness.
- Enables Flexibility: Features designed to monitor remote employee productivity and performance make it easy for employers to manage remote and hybrid teams from a distance, enabling employers to offer the flexibility that modern workforces demands.
- Boosts Visibility: Both employers and employees can see how they use their time easy to understand visualizations and data insights.
- Improves Productivity: Features that offer actionable data insights help managers get the most out of their teams. Not to mention, companies with high productivity rates can generate profitability from all sides.
- Identifies Best Practice: Precisely track time on tasks and projects to reveal bottlenecks, make process improvements, and model the winning behaviors of your most productive and efficient team members.
- Builds Trust: Features that support remote work can be used to grant employees more independence and workplace autonomy by eliminating the need to micromanage.
Employee monitoring tools can help you develop a fool-proof productivity strategy in your enterprise and help you stay connected with remote teams. Give your company a competitive advantage by using tools like Insightful to develop a productivity strategy with multiple levels of effectiveness to stay ahead of the competition. Additionally, you will empower your employees and better retain and attract talent - another powerful competitive advantage.
The Importance of Employee Buy-in
Companies with strong cultures based on demonstrated values know the importance of employee buy-in. While stealth employee monitoring software is an option, getting employee buy-in is important to build trust and demonstrate transparency. Often, stealth monitoring software does not bring as much value to employers as they may think.
The importance of measuring, evaluating, and improving productivity needs to be woven into the strategic framework of your organization. Getting employee buy-in means your teams understand how monitoring software can help them better align with company objectives while optimizing their personal performance at the same time.