As a small business owner, you have a lot on your plate. You are constantly juggling multiple responsibilities and trying to make the most out of your limited resources.
One of the challenges you may face is managing your employees' productivity and performance - like how to monitor remote workers’ productivity. While employee monitoring systems can provide valuable insights, the cost and complexity of implementation can be overwhelming, especially for small businesses.
At the same time, keeping tabs on your employees' work is essential for maintaining accountability and improving workflow. That's why we have put together this guide to help you navigate the benefits of employee monitoring and choose a cost-effective software that fits your business needs.
We understand the unique challenges that small business owners face, and our goal is to provide practical advice and tips that can help you improve your operations without breaking the bank. Discover how Insightful’s remote team management software is perfect for small businesses!
The Benefits of Employee Monitoring Software for Small Businesses
Employee monitoring software has several benefits for small businesses, such as increased productivity and accountability, improved security, and compliance with company policies and legal requirements. Let's take a closer look at each of these benefits.
Increased Productivity and Accountability:
According to a survey conducted by the American Management Association, 66% of companies that implemented employee monitoring software reported increased productivity. Another study found that monitoring employees' computer activity can lead to an increase in work efficiency of up to 8%.In addition, employee monitoring software can help hold employees accountable for their work by providing a detailed report of their activity.
Employee monitoring software can help businesses identify security breaches and prevent data breaches and other security risks. According to a report by Cybersecurity Ventures, employee negligence is the cause of 33% of all data breaches. By monitoring employee activity, companies can identify suspicious behavior and take proactive steps to prevent security breaches.
Compliance with Company Policies and Legal Requirements:
Employee monitoring software can help businesses ensure that employees are following company policies and legal requirements. For example, if a company is in a regulated industry, such as healthcare or finance, employee monitoring software can help ensure compliance with industry regulations. This can help businesses avoid fines and legal liabilities.
Key Features to Look for in Employee Monitoring Software
When choosing an employee monitoring software for your small business, there are several key features to look for:
- User-Friendliness: Look for an employee monitoring software that is easy to use and understand. The software should have a simple interface and be easy to navigate.
- Affordability: As a small business, you want to choose an employee monitoring software that is affordable and fits within your budget. Look for software that offers flexible pricing plans and doesn't charge for unnecessary features.
- Customization Options: Look for employee monitoring software that allows you to customize the software to meet your specific needs. For example, you may want to track certain activities or set up alerts for specific events.
- Integrations with Other Tools: Look for employee monitoring software that integrates with other tools, such as project management software or time tracking tools. This can help you streamline your workflow and make it easier to manage your business operations.
Budget-Friendly Employee Monitoring Tools
Now, let's take a closer look at five budget-friendly employee monitoring tools that can provide value for your small business:
Insightful is an affordable employee monitoring software designed specifically for small businesses. It offers features such as time tracking, app and website monitoring, productivity insights based on location, and screenshots. Its pricing starts at $8 per user per month, making it an excellent budget-friendly option for small businesses.
Kickidler is another budget-friendly employee monitoring software that offers a wide range of features, including activity tracking, keystroke logging, app and website monitoring, and remote desktop control. Its pricing starts at $6.99 per user per month, making it a very affordable option for small businesses.
VeriClock is a cloud-based time tracking and employee monitoring software that is ideal for small businesses. It offers features such as time tracking, location tracking, and mobile app monitoring. Its pricing starts at $5 per user per month, making it an affordable option for small businesses.
Tips for Implementing Employee Monitoring Software Successfully
Implementing employee monitoring software can be challenging, but with the right approach, you can ensure a successful implementation. Here are some tips for implementing employee monitoring software successfully:
- Communicate with Employees: Before implementing employee monitoring software, it's essential to communicate with your employees and explain why you're implementing the software. This will help your employees understand the benefits of the software and how it will help them improve their performance.
- Set Clear Goals and Expectations: It's crucial to set clear goals and expectations for your employees when implementing employee monitoring software. This will help your employees understand what is expected of them and how the software will be used to measure their performance.
- Offer Training and Support: Implementing employee monitoring software can be overwhelming for some employees. It's essential to offer training and support to help your employees understand how to use the software effectively.
It's important to note that employee monitoring software should not be used as a tool for micromanaging or invading employees' privacy. Instead, it should be used as a way to improve productivity and accountability and ensure compliance with company policies and legal requirements.
Additionally, consider how to monitor office computers responsibly. It's important to be transparent with your employees about the information that is being collected and how it will be used. This will help build trust and ensure that your employees feel comfortable with the software.