Highest-Paying Remote Jobs in 2023
To cater to as many skill sets as possible, we’ve hand-picked a selection of remote jobs from a range of different industries. The one thing they all share in common is that they’re some of the highest-paying remote jobs you’ll find in 2023.
We’ll provide a brief description of what each job entails, how much you can expect to earn on average, and how you can apply for the position.
Senior Systems Engineer
The role of the senior systems engineer is to assist in the maintenance of complex software networks and systems. It’s not a job for the technophobe, as you’ll need a firm grasp of LANs and WANs, mainframes and servers, and minicomputers and storage arrays.
It’s a progression from the systems engineer role, and this is reflected in the advanced responsibilities you would assume as a senior systems engineer.
If you excel in the position, there’s a chance you can work your way up to become a software development director with an even more lucrative pay package, which can go north of $200,000.
- Daily operational support for network, server, and storage infrastructure
- Quality assurance testing and compatibility issue checking
- Improving system and network performance
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or an IT-related field
- CompTIAA+ or Network+ certification
- Experience as a systems engineer
Average Salary: $120,000-$150,000
Payroll Tax Specialist
If you have an affinity for numbers and you don’t mind crunching them for a living, it’s worth looking into the role of payroll tax specialist.
The primary responsibility of the payroll tax specialist is to process full-cycle payrolls and deal with the financial fallout of everything from commissions and bonuses to terminations.
In this role, you would make sure the company’s tax contributions are accurate, up to date,and in line with tax legislation. In time, you can progress to the position of senior payroll tax specialist.
- Calculating what employers and employees owe in taxes
- Filing taxes regularly
- Adding payroll tax deductions to general ledger
- Processing payroll cycle
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance-related field
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification
Average Salary: $110,000-$130,000
Senior Content Marketing Manager
A senior content marketing manager is a position ideal for anyone with a background in marketing or content strategy.
In essence, it’s the senior content marketing manager’s role to bring together an organization’s content strategy and oversee an editorial team to make sure it’s executed according to plan.
Like a composer, this role is all about taking in the data in front of you (in this case, channel and audience performance data) and conducting every branch of the editorial team to create an effective growth strategy and meet deadlines.
- Collaborating with the head of content to create and execute the content strategy
- Managing an editorial team of in-house and/or freelance writers and editors
- Analyzing content performance data and identify growth potential
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field
- Experience with content marketing
Average Salary: $115,000-$150,000
Legal Project Manager
A legal project manager, or someone who specializes in managing projects in the field of law, will manage and oversee projects for a law firm.
The primary role of a legal project manager is to optimize internal workflows, make sure projects are completed to the client’s standards, and draw up legal paperwork with the assistance of an editorial team.
- Managing project budgets
- Overseeing projects
- Communicating with clients and estimating deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in law or related field
Average Salary: $140,000-$175,000
Technical Customer Success Manager
If you’ve worked in a customer-facing field and have experience in an IT-related field, the role of technical customer success manager could be a good fit.
In this role, you’d more than likely be working for a SaaS (Software as a Service) business, and expected to reduce customer churn, resolve concerns, and head up the internal customer support system.
- Developing a system for resolving common customer concerns
- Creating case studies and enhance subscription value for customers
- Reducing customer churn rate
- Experience as a technical customer support agent
Average Salary: $135,000
HR Compensation Manager
A human resources compensation manager is responsible for designing and providing ongoing consultation for compensation schemes.
In this role, you would develop compensation programs, policies, and packages that align with the company’s budget and values. You would also manage employees that work in the compensation department, delegating and assigning responsibilities.
- Developing and roll out compensation schemes
- Providing ongoing consultancy
- Measuring effectiveness of current compensation plans
- Bachelor’s degree in business or HR-related field
- SHRM Certified Professional or Senior Certified Professional certificate
Average Salary: $120,000-$155,000
Senior Mental Health Services Director
As a senior mental health services director, it’d be your role to act as a liaison between primary mental health service providers including state hospitals, foster care homes, and community agencies.
You would draw up directives and programs to improve policy, supervise mental health service staff, and oversee quality assurance to ensure various providers meet expectations.
- Meeting with mental health service providers
- Drawing up policies to improve the quality of mental health care
- Managing communication between various agencies
- Master’s in a mental health discipline
- Professional CSW or RN certification
- Experience in the mental health field
Average Salary: $165,000-$185,000
Where to Find Top-Paying Remote Jobs
If you’re wondering how to apply to some of the lucrative remote roles outlined in this guide, here are some of the best job-aggregation platforms to browse:
Indeed - Indeed is an international job-seeker platform that allows users to create CV’s, submit them to open roles, and communicate with recruiters.
FlexJobs - FlexJobs is a subscription-based website that vets and displays remote work opportunities in more than 50 career fields.
Remote OK - Remote OK is a simple job board that allows users to apply filters to find relevant remote work opportunities.
We Work Remotely - We Work Remotely provides various features to help users find remote work, such as an advanced job search and trending opportunities.
Hire Remote Workers with Confidence using Insightful
If you’re in the other seat and you’re looking to hire top remote talent, Insightful can help you hire confidently. The best way to monitor the performance of your workforce, remote or in-office, is to use an employee tracking system like Insightful to monitor their activities in real-time.
When you use Insightful for onboarding new hires, you can proactively address the issue of unproductivity in the workplace by closely monitoring productivity levels using the dashboard. You can see how much time your remote workers are spending on different apps, when they clock in for work, and set up custom screenshots at regular intervals.
Remote workforce management tools like Insightful help you keep a finger on the pulse of your workforce, no matter where they are.