Running a call center can pull your attention in many directions, so it’s important to have systems and tools you can rely on to make data-backed decisions.
When it comes to tracking agent performance and productivity, your best bet is to monitor their work hours using call center workforce optimization software. With a time tracker for remote workers, you can see exactly how much time they spend on calls, which can then inform one of the most important KPIs in the industry: average handle time (AHT).
In this guide, we’ll explore 11 of the best time tracking tools you can use in your call centers.
Insightful is a workforce analytics platform that enables time tracking remote employees’ computers so that you can monitor and manage call agent work hours.
The employee computer monitoring software features screenshot monitoring, in-depth productivity reporting, and attendance tracking. With it, you can effectively keep your finger on the pulse of call center agent productivity and performance.
- Productivity insights - When determining productivity in call agents, it helps to have visuals. Insightful allows you to effectively evaluate agent performance by labeling activities as ‘productive,’ ‘neutral,’ or ‘unproductive’ and parsing the time data.
- Automatic time tracking - With software to track pc activity, you can stay on top of performance with reliable automatic time tracking that doesn’t rely on your agents tracking their own time.
- App and website monitoring - By monitoring internet usage at work, you can see exactly what apps and websites agents spend their time on during work hours to make decisions on which ones support productivity and which ones inhibit it.
Desklog is a free call center monitoring and timesheet solution that lets you keep track of the minutes and hours of your call agents.
You can use the software’s dashboard to monitor and manage call agent performance in real-time.
- Data reports - Build comprehensive data reports and create files on all your agents to effectively manage performance over time.
- Manage requests - Handle offline time requests in the software to save time and manage the call center workforce.
Nextiva offers a call center solution that provides VoIP services you can use to directly track and log incoming calls. With call center monitors like Nextiva, you can manage your customer service and keep tabs on vital productivity metrics such as average handle time.
- Advanced IVR timekeeping - With voice activation, advanced IVR can detect the moments a phone call starts and ends, so you can have an accurate idea of how long calls take.
- Call recording - With call recording, you can glean more from the time data you collect by adding context.
Genesys offers call center software that serves businesses of all sizes.
Through providing cross-channel support for customers, your agents can respond and best serve customers across various communication mediums. Workforce engagement management features help you get the most out of your call center teams.
- Interaction tracker timesheets - Map phone calls to clients and track how much time your agents spent engaging with them.
- Multichannel communication - Expand your customer service communication channels to your website, social media, and a live chat feature.
Clouddesk is an employee time tracking solution that provides an overview of how your call center agents spend their time.
You can use it to estimate idle and productive time, monitor work break frequency and length, and categorize meetings.
- Permission-restricted dashboard - Only those granted permission can see the time data dashboard and evaluate overall call center productivity and performance.
- Time data transparency - Employees can view their timecards which can increase accountability for their actions and encourage productivity.
Connecteam is a time tracking platform that can help you create accurate payroll, manage time off, and distribute workload among employees.
As an administrative solution, Connecteam helps you bring everything together and create a cohesive call center workplace - even if you work remotely.
- Manual time tracking - Call center agents can clock in and clock out when you use Connecteam, so you know when they showed up for shifts.
- Time theft - Mitigate the negative impact of time theft by limiting clocking in and out to predefined locations and cutting out unapproved overtime.
TixTime is a call center management solution that can provide a window into what your agents are spending their time on and how long calls take.
You can use the software’s scheduling features to assign shifts, and management tools to reduce call answer times.
- Scheduling - With scheduling features, you can assess call agent availability and effectively manage workloads.
- Timely reminders - Reminders and notifications prompt call agents to show up on time every time.
Shiftboard is an employee scheduling solution with timesheet and change management features.
You can use Shiftboard to create greater scheduling efficiency and make changes on the fly to boost productivity and stay on top of call center agent performance.
- Automated scheduling - Take the burden of scheduling shifts out of your hands as Shiftboard’s highly customizable scheduling feature will do the heavy lifting and help you avoid clashes.
- Timesheet management - Effectively track call center agent hours and log them, then use automated timesheet approval to streamline operations.
DeskTime offers workforce management and time tracking features you can use to effectively monitor call center agent performance.
Use the data you collect to manage the risk of employee burnout, allocate your resources efficiently, and make real-time adjustments to boost productivity.
- Pomodoro timer - DeskTime allows you to use the Pomodoro time management technique as you schedule shifts with regular breaks to maintain sustainable productivity.
- Screenshots - With screenshots, you can keep your workforce accountable and make sure work time is being utilized effectively.
Replicon is a time tracking solution that you can scale for up to 1 million users.
Perfect for enterprises and large call centers, Replicon allows you to track time across projects, tasks, and calls and manage employee time off and attendance.
- Pre-populated timesheets - With Replicon, you can pre-populate timesheets so that they’re ready to go for your call center agents.
- Employee time management - Manage attendance and time off in one place so that distractions are limited.
Cloudtalk is a call center solution that can support every aspect of call center management.
The software covers everything from individual call data you can use to improve processes to intelligent call routing, which can save you time and money in the long run.
- Call statistics - With access to call statistics, you can monitor the duration, conversation specifics, and other data to evaluate key metrics and individual performance.
- Preferred agent - With the preferred agent feature, you can automatically direct client calls to the right agents.