Employee tracking system equips companies with valuable data that can be leveraged by business intelligence tools to help facilitate digital and cultural transformation within the workplace.
Digital transformation is not a new concept, it has been at the forefront of many companies’ strategies and steadily gaining traction throughout the 2010s. However, the arrival of the pandemic has rapidly accelerated the need for digital transformation, making it absolutely essential for most companies to maintain their competitive edge.
So what exactly is digital transformation?
The goal of digital transformation is to improve efficiency, value, and innovation – all of which are interlinked. Digital transformation is both a process and a mindset, which involves, among other things, increased digitization by leveraging innovative technologies (IoT, AI/ML, Cloud) and collecting data for business intelligence and analytics tools.
Business intelligence (BI) is an important pillar of your digital transformation process. It transforms your data into actionable insights that can help you make more informed business decisions. Business intelligence is no longer just a luxury; it is an absolutely essential tool for organizations to optimize their performance, streamline operations, improve workplace morale, and remain competitive.
In the past, managers relied on intuition to make important business decisions. While intuition is a valuable tool for managers to use, the fragmented remote and hybrid working environments have jeopardized our ability to rely solely on it. In the current working climate, BI is an essential supplement to intuition so you can keep your finger on the pulse of rapidly changing trends in your workforce and adjust quickly.
Harness the Power of Your Business Data with BI
BI tools can help businesses visualize, manage, and analyze their data, but where does the data come from? Business data is gathered from an organization’s collective digital on-prem and cloud assets like software, services and tools – all of which can provide valuable datasets.
Your company’s technological portfolio offers a wealth of potential for gathering valuable insights into the organization. Among these assets are often overlooked software and tools that can provide even more valuable insight than expected. Tools such as an employee tracking system offer datasets whose potential can be maximized using BI tools.
Once extracted, these datasets can be leveraged and analyzed by BI tools to help drive better outcomes. BI tools provide data warehousing, visualization, and dashboards. They can also produce reports, charts, graphs, and maps that offer a detailed look of your business. These tools are useful for providing actionable insights that can help you grow your company.
Curious about how you can leverage business intelligence in your organization? Explore some of these popular BI tools:
- Tableau: Tableau is a visual analytics platform which empowers people and organizations to make the most of their data.
- Oracle BI: The Oracle Analytics platform has empowered people across the organization to make faster, more informed, and mobile-enabled business decisions.
- Sisense: Sisense unleashes the power of your data to transform the way you work, enhance the customer experience, and grow your business.
- BigQuery: BigQuery helps you manage and analyze your data with built-in features, like machine learning, geospatial analysis, and business intelligence.
- Geckoboard: Easily create shareable dashboards that make key business data, metrics, and KPIs clear and easy-to-understand.
Insightful Software - A Valuable Business Intelligence Asset
One tool which stands to offer a wealth of valuable data about the nature of your business is software that monitors employee activity. You can use Insightful to monitor employee computer – and so much more. It provides you with real-time and historical data that can be used to make necessary changes to your company’s processes, culture, and resources. All of which are essential to your company’s digital transformation.
So what kind of data do employee pc monitoring tools like Insightful provide?
- Apps and Website Usage: Insightful provides visibility and gathers data on which apps and websites your employees are using individually, as a team, or on a company level.
- Activities Tracking: Insightful keeps activity logs which measure the idle and active time of your employees.
- Time and Attendance: Insightful provides a detailed overview of the days and times your employees work.
- Productivity Tracking: Insightful helps you understand how much time your employees spend on activities deemed productive or unproductive.
- Raw Data: Insightful provides insight into the computer activity of your employees and provides a clear overview of performance.
There is a saying that “what gets measured gets managed”. The data provided via employee desktop monitoring doesn’t just offer insight into what your employees are doing and when, it can be used to draw attention to urgent issues that help you to create a new and better way of working.
Having the data on hand is the first step, but how do you effectively put it to work for your business?
Transform the Workplace and Put Your Data to Work
BI tools will identify trends and patterns in your data and deliver actionable insights across all levels of your organization. Productivity data can prompt you to ask the important questions you need to answer to improve – is it an issue with motivation, engagement, training, resources?
You can then leverage employee laptop monitoring software to take the following actions:
- Increase Utilization Rates: determine whether a department may be over or under-utilized based on utilization rates and make necessary adjustments.
- Increase Training: determine if employees need more training based on their utilization of implemented software.
- Increase Engagement: determine how engaged employees are with their tasks and determine patterns in employee engagement that may be seasonal and make necessary adjustments.
- Reallocate Resources: identify shadow IT and determine which software is costing vs making you money (underutilized software results in huge costs for companies).
- Identify Vulnerabilities: identify shadow IT which could potentially expose your company to security threats.
- Avoid Bottlenecks: identify possible bottlenecks in your company’s workflow that have employee’s killing time.
- Implement Best Practice: compare business processes and performance metrics to industry standards.
- Adjust Bandwidth: identify demands on VPNs and bandwidth at particular times, and create policies to better regulate usage.
- Improve Software Asset Management: discover if employees are using software and applications they find more intuitive, decommission unused software, and better manage licenses.
- Increase Visibility of Remote Workers: identify preferred working patterns for remote employees to better adapt to natural schedules.
- Increase Collaboration: identify working patterns and make adjustments to meeting times to increase collaboration among in-office and remote employees.
As you can see above, Insightful software helps you leverage your data, so you can make informed business decisions related to efficiency, engagement, and productivity. On top of that, you can better track and budget costs, promote best practices, prevent employee burnout, and improve hybrid team collaboration.
Employees want to be enthusiastic about their work and the organization that they work for. Research shows that organizations with more engaged employees enjoy higher profits, improved efficiency, and increased growth. This results in healthier and happier employees, which can increase retention rates, productivity, and quality of work.
Rather than making important business decisions based on a hunch, Insightful empowers you to make educated and accurate decisions based on your own verified data.