Project management tools can be one of the most valuable assets for your company.
They allow you to simplify and automate processes to save time, streamline task management for greater operational efficiency, and speed up communication between team members.
If you work as part of a team and there are various tasks or deliverables involved, you should consider investing in a project management tool to overhaul your productivity levels and work towards workforce optimization.
This guide will break down 12 of the best project management tools in 2023.
Trello is primarily a task management solution that offers users a series of boards and workspaces to organize and complete a high volume of tasks and projects.
Relying on Kanban boards as the main way of getting more done, Trello allows you to set up custom workflows that work best for you and your team. Simply drag and drop cards from one list to the next when you’re finished, which will notify your team member, letting them know it’s their time to add input.
- Custom workspaces: With custom workspaces, you can handle multiple projects at once in Trello. Design each workspace how you want it with various board settings and layouts, and add your team members to get started.
- Kanban boards: Using lists and cards, project management becomes a simple case of dragging and dropping with Trello.
Basecamp is a digital HQ that brings everything you need for project management together in one centralized hub.
Instead of finding the features you need in 3 or 4 different software solutions, Basecamp offers messaging, to-do lists, document storage and sharing, and more in one easy-to-navigate location.
- Campfire chat: As well as a general message board to consolidate chats, Basecamp offers campfire chat where team members can huddle together and chat about specific projects.
- Schedule: Plan for the future with Basecamp’s scheduling feature, which lets you keep track of key dates and upcoming events.
Asana is one of the most popular project management solutions for cross-functional collaboration across teams and departments.
With Asana, you can use Agile features to assign tasks and projects to team members, visualize progress, and allocate your resources accordingly.
- Workflow builder: Use Asana’s workflow builder to custom build your team’s workflows and automate everyday actions to save time.
- Gantt timeline: Visualize project progress with Gantt chart timelines so you can make real-time changes based on workload distribution and the resources available to you.
ClickUp is an intuitive task management solution that allows you to customize your work processes and collaborate effectively as part of a team.
Through the software, you can manage projects down to every stage and easily connect the dots between one team member and the next through to-do lists and action item assignments.
- Collaboration canvas: Before you embark on any major project, you can use ClickUp’s collaboration canvas to plot out what it will look like from start to finish.
- Various views: Use more than 15 different views to understand performance and productivity from various perspectives.
Monday.com is an all-in-one project management solution that combines sales and CRM functionality with task tracking and more.
You can use Monday.com to plan out marketing campaigns, sales initiatives, and a range of other types of projects.
- Integrations: With dozens of integrations, Monday.com allows you to build the perfect tech stack that suits your team in every aspect of project management, from accounting to communication.
- Automation: Monday.com offers a wide range of automation you can rely on for saving time, from email notifications to task dependencies.
Jira is an Atlassian product that combines many useful collaboration and planning features to solve core project management problems.
Using Agile features, Jira allows you to plan projects and break them down into digestible chunks for easy completion.
- Templates: Access a range of templates from Scrum to Kanban that allow you to set your team up for success from the outset.
- Open DevOps: As a tool apt for developers, Jira supports the merging and integration of various tools with a few clicks.
Todoist is a minimalist project management solution that’s focused on getting the most out of your daily and weekly actions.
Based on to-do lists and set up to work with many productivity systems such as GTD (Getting Things Done) and time blocking, Todoist can help you supercharge individual productivity.
- Recurring due dates: To remember important tasks that fall on your plate each week or month, Todoist allows you to set up recurring reminders and due dates.
- Sections and subtasks: Categorize core project information with different sections, subtasks, and labels.
Teamwork is an easy-to-use project management platform that makes client work more straightforward.
With a gamut of features from time tracking to burndown reports, you can constantly evaluate where you’re at with various client-facing projects.
- Time tracking: Tracking time on projects is essential for understanding how team members are performing and where you can improve.
- Resource management: With resource management, you can visualize your resources and reallocate them confidently as necessary.
Notion offers an alternative take on project management, placing emphasis on customization and the storage and sharing of information.
Through wikis, product roadmaps, and knowledge bases, you can use Notion to build your own processes and data centers from the ground up.
- Wikis: Store relevant project and company information in a series of Wikis that outline everything from guidelines to process instructions.
- Custom building blocks: Build your own workflows and processes with Notion’s no-code custom building blocks.
Wrike is a comprehensive project management solution that services every size company, from small businesses to enterprises.
With powerful features, you can use Wrike to organize your tasks and projects, customize workflows, and visualize relevant data in real time.
- Dashboards: Sit in the virtual project manager’s chair with Wrike’s dashboards, which allow you to view and assess tasks, processes, and projects in real time.
- Cross-tagging: Use cross-tagging to simplify complex cross-functional projects so you don’t lose sight of the small details.
11. Microsoft Project
Microsoft Project is a project management tool that benefits significantly from being in the Microsoft ecosystem of products.
When you use Microsoft Project, you can plan out future projects and manage resources and seamlessly integrate this with any other Microsoft products you own.
- Power BI visualization: With Power BI, you can use Microsoft Project to visualize project and task information using interactive dashboards.
- Azure-assisted automation: Tapping into enterprise cloud Microsoft Azure, you can create custom automated workflows for your team.
Smartsheet is a work management solution that uses smart spreadsheet technology to support data visualization and effective project management.
You can use Smartsheet for portfolio management, marketing and creative campaigns, and general task management.
- Content management: Smartsheet allows you to take control of your content strategy by organizing, managing, and reviewing every stage of the content production process.
- Portfolio management: With portfolio management features, you can streamline and scale your project portfolio with ease.
Boost Project Performance with Workforce Analytics
Once you’ve settled on the right project management solution for your business, you could accompany it with the best computer monitoring software to access workforce analytics data. When you install monitoring software on employees’ computers, you can track computer usage and build out productivity analysis reports based on accurate time data.
Employee pc monitoring software allows for the electronic monitoring of employees, which is one of the best ways of keeping track of remote performance in 2023. Insightful lets you monitor employee activity on computers so you can take control of remote work performance and manage your teams wherever you are.
|As a company monitoring internet usage, you’ll complement the project management solution you use as you can identify productivity trends and act accordingly.